Saturday, March 26, 2011

60's psychedelic confusion

There's so much on my ipod that when a song comes up, I don't always know what it is, so there's a few seconds of fun trying to figure out what it is. The other day, some strange obviously psychedelic song came on, and at first I thought it was the Electric Prunes (I have both the first album and Underground ripped from vinyl...nothing else is really the Electric Prunes anyway). Turns out it was Flaming by Pink Floyd.

Speaking of psychedelic, I watched the Roky Ericson/13th Floor Elevators movie on Netflix. I can't say the movie was enjoyable...but somewhat worth watching anyway. I had heard vague things about the life of Roky (similar story as Sid Barrett), but the movie filled in the details. "You're Gonna Miss Me" is an awesome song, though. And I got around to ripping my CD of 13th Floor Elevators...since the only song I really know is "You're Gonna Miss Me", it should be fun trying to recognize the other songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home